Nova Scotia RCMP are reminding motorists to take extra precaution on our roads and highways during winter storms.
With winter weather driving conditions expected, the RCMP would like to remind motorists of the challenges that slippery conditions can create for drivers of all types of vehicles traveling on the many road ways including the 100-series highways.
To prevent incidents from occurring RCMP are reminding road users of the following:
· Monitor local weather reports for changing conditions before traveling;
· Please avoid any unnecessary travel. Listen for advisories or road condition updates;
· Ensure an emergency kit is prepared and in your vehicle;
· Ensure cell phones are charged and ready for use in the event of an emergency;
· Adjust your driving according to the conditions;
· Allow extra time to arrive at your destination;
· Maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and those in front of you; and
· Ensure other motorists can see you. Turn on your headlights.
Road safety is everyone's responsibility.